Sunday, July 27, 2008

The dimple



A little to the right. My mom bought me a cabbage patch doll with the same dimple.

People always noticed there was just the one.

Then I met him.

And all of a sudden there is one to the left side. Matching the right.

Look, he said, I gave you another dimple.

No way, I said. As if.

I looked in the mirror and smiled. There it was.

The same one, just opposite.

That can't happen, I said. Impossible.

It isn't as deep as the other one, but yesterday, I notcied it's deeper than the day before.

I think it was always there, he told me. You just never saw it.

Or I didn't smile as much, I said.

and then I smiled.

2 comments:

Goose Creek Indian Reserve said...

Very sorry to hear about your grandma. I'll tie some ties for her and congrats on your new guy friend!

Mike S said...

So sorry about your Grandma. I'll say a few extra words for her tonight.

Ditto on the 'New Guy'!!