Monday, July 16, 2007

.Janet and her egg yolks.

What do I blog about?
I don't know.
Sometimes I think why even blog?
But so many wonderful thing happened to me from blogging and I met so many wonderful people from all over the world.
People I wish I had in my real life.
Life is fine , other than a few minor problems I would rather not indulge.
I was reading Janet's blog the other day about egg yolks. She doesn't blog on 360 much anymore and I don't think she has time to read my blog but I miss her and Karin so much.
They went to high school together like a hundred years ago...haha ok back in the 80's, i think.
They are both SAHM's. Janet used to be a hippy and now she is married in a beautiful town in France with two beautiful daughter. Since i known KArin she moved from Tulsa to DallASS, and I think she is now moving back to Colorado. She hasn't blogged for a bit. And isn't even on my friends list anymore on 360...which is ok. I know I had too many temper tantrums on 360 for anybody to ever trust me there.
Anyway, what I wanted to talk about was Janet's blog on 360 about egg yolks. It struck such a chord in my heart, I almost cried. She talked about going to lunch with a friend and her husband. Being she lives in another country she don't have many close friends. Well this friend flew over to see her. Janet ordered a chef'ssalad or something like it where there are quartered hard boiled eggs in it. Her husband and friend both offered to eat her egg yolks and she was taken aback by the fact that these might be the only 2 people in the world that knew she didn't like egg yolks. It was sad and sweet. After I read it I made some hard boiled eggs. I was pretty sure I was over the overdose I took of them on Easter and every Easter when I eat so much I feel like I am going to puke. So I made some hard boiled eggs, grabbed the salt and pepper and ate the eggs with my daughter for Janet.
Then I realized I don't have any close friends like that here. I mean many of you guys might know silly little facts about me. Know my likes and dislikes. i put it out there on the internet. In real life I don't. I have freinds. I have relatives. I do things for people but I don't indulge in my feelings.
I don't have close friends I can share everything and anything with. the closest would be my Aunt Carla or my ex's cousin Aimy...
then I wonder if they know that I don't like egg yolks?
Janet doesn't know that, but I ate them for her anyway.

5 comments:

Missy A said...

you can eat my parsnips and I'll pop a balloon for you ok

Alissa said...

Seriously, I was wondering if it would totally freak you out if I wanted to go there sometime. I don't have the friendships in RL that I have here and I can't remember what I was doing when I realized it, but the drive between us is only 10 hours. But then I worry that I feel a closer connection to you, than you feel to me, so I'd hate to impose and then we stare at each other for a few days and they I drive home and we awkwardly speak over the internet after that, you know? Whatever, I'm rambling. But I know what you mean. There are so few people in this world that know my corks, its always nice when someone does and catches me off guard, mainly my husband, which at this point is expected...

josie2shoes said...

I hear you Dana, I feel that way often. Who really knows me that well? Not many, not really anyone that I can think of at the moment. Even my ex didn't, and he lived with me 14 years.

Gina said...

this was a very sweet post. What I get here is to let people in on those little things so when the time comes...they know what to order for you if you can't speak the language or...if you have a really sore throat. They know what to get you for your birthday. Although...I know a lady who likes teapots and frogs and that ALL anyone ever gets her. I tell you, you seem to be the kind of person who would have several very close girlfriends, as you seem to be able to open up and share what you feel. Good idea to boil up some eggs that day...

Anonymous said...

I get what you're saying. I, too, have a really hard time letting people get close enough to know me that well. Kinda sad. I wish I could change that, but how to change one's basic nature?