Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Oh....now....I am genuine.



Sorry I haven't been around lately...I been on 360 because shit here pissed me off a couple of weeks ago. I try to be like a duck and let it roll off my back, but when I know it is someone I know IRL it pisses me off...esp. when I don't know who it is.
I'm just in a real pissy mood right now. Usually when I blog I have a subject and crap...Whatever!
I love my blogspot-it's blogging...in the purest form. But when I received the comment that fired me to all hell a couple of weeks ago...that said this.

"hiya dana well i just wanted to ask you why don't you use a real pic? instead of these fake pics of you? dont be scared!!!! "

I was left with a sour taste in my mouth that reminded me of some bullshit blog drama I had on 360 early in the year.

So I did this blog...in which I was PMS-ing, but that is no excuse I still would have been mad.

What pissed me off, is I am not here to prove I am Miss America, nor am I Miss Native America...nor am I fuckin Miss Rez Chick...or whatever you think I have to prove.

I am me. I write for me. So what if I don't plaster pics of me all over the place. I don't like how I look. Can't you see the real me in my writing or is that fake too? Why just worry because I have a couple of photoshop pics on my blog. That you obviously don't read or you would have seen the pics in the other one. And then to have the nerve to say I am scared for people to see me? When you can't write your name in the comment section?

Then this LOCAL commenter comes back to my blog...just to see if I posted "real pics" up and says this.

Anonymous said...
omg dana dane i was just askin for a pic!!! don't get all worked up and for being fake now your genuine HA HA

July 18, 2007 11:23 AM


So if no harm was meant by the first comment, then why say NOW I am genuine....fuck yeah I am fired up again. I have always been genuine, I don't lie. I am me...I know who the fuck I am and I make no apologies. If you don't like my blog or my writing or the way I look X out or avoid me in the store when you see me, I am sure you do anyway. why do you want a pic when you live in the same town? Why act like now I am genuine when you still comment anonymously? Why even come to my blog when you don't give a shit who I am on the inside.

I am me. If you even read an iota of my writing you would know who I am! So I am overweight...I won't apologize to anyone but my self for that! Over half the country is anyway, though that is no excuse! Now I ask you comment your name! Be genuine and tell me who you are!

(Sorry to anyone else, I am taking a break from blogspot and going back to 360 for a bit. I don't need this crap. Be back shortly or soon...whichever comes first))

12 comments:

Missy A said...

dammit you stick that photoshopped one of you as an Indian girl up the one I did, its real has your head stick em all up how many are there??
Heaps of the dang things.

It doesn't matter what you look like its the internet who the flip cares, its the inside that matters and as far as I am concerned this is the real you.
Photo or no photo this is the real you from the inside the part that most people in RL don't see they only see the outside they don't even bother to see the real you
THE INSIDE!

Anonymous said...

Some people can be such asses on the internet. Just tell 'em to kiss your ass and keep doing your own thing.

I love the photoshopped pic. I just thought you used it because it looked so cool with the old background.

JohnB said...

it's funny how some pick and choose...my "photo" is ultra-altered and yet not a one has challenged me about it...not that it would make any difference :)

motivations can be so mysterious.

Anyway that said, Dr Seuss said it best:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Alissa said...

What a pile of shit, Dana. You can't let them drive you from your home, and back to them!? I don't blame you for being upset at all, but don't leave, and punish the rest of us. Where you go, I do read, but I'm far more comfortable commenting here... Lets hope shortly and soon are like tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

well dana dane i'm sorry for getting you all upset and being so demanding which i am....well...sometimes i wont ever be at this blog i was being a lil to nosey and as for knowing you or being local i aint i never even seen you..... catch ya later

DeeAnne said...

people seldom need an excuse to be stupid on the internet... Ignore those who say stupid stuff and keep doing what you do best...being you!

josie2shoes said...

Dana, why are you letting some cowardly ANONYMOUS blogger shut you down here? The person I think I know you to be is no coward in any sense of the word. Where is that warrior spirit we've seen in many of your posts?! What is the point of going back to 360, you hated the shit that was happening there too? Will they keep you running back and forth with no place to call home? If you are happier that, that's your right, but please don't do it just because some anymous jerk was ignornant and rude. And PLEASE stop beating yourself up about your weight - you are BEAUTIFUL, Dana - God doesn't make no junk!! I will miss you here greatly. I have no time for 360 - I think the drama is far worse there, though no place is perfect. Have you thought about starting a personal blog here under a less obvious ID where you can share the thoughts of your heart without so much local interference? It would be hard for me to blog openly if I thought half the town was reading.

Take care, BE STRONG, love,Josie!

Dana Dane said...

i'm not shutting down, just taking a break...this person bullshits...they are local...they know they are...otherwise why do they even care about what pics i use.....i will be back soon...maybe tomorrow i just needed a break from thsi and i can't go private this is the one the paper uses....i hate having a private blog so in a way it is my fault.

CarolinaDreamz said...

Must you go completely private to exclude anonymous users?

I so understand the BS end of blogging. I hate that I know who, on my end, though.

I know its not easy to let things slide when someone must make you feel violated, but I hope you keep bloggin' for you and know that some of us, out here, appreciate you, no matter what!
~Heidi

josie2shoes said...

It doesn't need to be private, Dana. Leave this one for posts that are less personal, about local issues, etc. Then do one under a pen name for personal things you'd like to share but don't want everyone in the community reading about. When I first started reading your blog, I loved how personal and honest it was, and I hate that some jerk there has the power to "depersonalize" you just because they can. Amazing how one turkey can cut is so close to the heart, isn't it? I know, me too. Us big tough girls still have hearts like marshmallows. Come back soon, you are loved here!

Anonymous said...

I can't complain about you being back at 360 since that's where I mostly read you. I can say that that person is just a jerk for giving you a hard time about your pics. Like Missy said... it's about what's on the inside that matters. xoxo:)

Missy A said...

You can have heaps of blogs on blogger Dana (I've got 3) under the one ID, they show on dashboard like tastebuds does, you can even disallow anonymous comments.
As long as the other blog doesn't show on your blogger profile and we know where to find you even if they do if you have it set for no anonymous they won't be able to comment at all unless they show who they are of course hehehehe