Sunday, June 1, 2008

Friends

Yesterday at the art show I ran into two old friends. Afterwards, I hung out with a faithful one.

Cathy-used to have her own business. She gave me a temp job before Christmas when I was 18. I stayed forever. Or at least until she sold the buisiness 3 years later. The job never paid shit but it was the best job in the world. I learned alot about my culture from working for her and I also learned how to treat people. She showed up at the art show and the day was good....as if no time passed at all. Here I was 4 kids later and not as naive, but I went back to the time when everything amazed me.

Michael-was my first gay friend that was out and proud. I met him when he also worked for Cathy. He was also there and it was a reunion of sorts. I was taken back again to that magical age of 18 when life was all about discovering.

Him-You hear me talk about bfwb all the time. He is my best friend...always. Last night was a magical time with a long talk that time will only tell if we stepped forward or backward. I don't know. If I could have one man in my life it would be him, but we will see if the friendship can survive last night's talk. How do you know whether to cut someone off or add more depth???

No comments: