Friday, June 20, 2008

I don't know what I am going to do this weekend.


I don't have anything planned. Sometimes, that is the best way, is to not plan anything.

I kind of want to take my kids to Wounded Knee, the massacre site, and let them see it. Tell them what I have been taught about it. Show them the history, instead of writing about it and having them read it. Next Wednesday is Independence Day, or Victory Day, or whatever. Basically just, Custer Got Fucked Day. I plan on baking a cake and having a cook-out. Hope it works out.

Today is the summer solstice. My mom called me last night to tell me to honor today. Take time out to honor and pray. This was an important day to our ancestors, everything was about honor back then. Those are the ways that need to be carried on.

I plan on doing it at work and taking the time to walk up to the graveyard to visit my grandma and grandpa's graves. They are buried at an angle across from Red Cloud. They are Caesar and Mattie Lone Elk. Caesar was the first Lone Elk. The first to get a name.

Today is a beautiful day. Take the time to pray and appreciate what it has to offer.

1 comment:

Mike S said...

How true! Every day, no matter what it brings, is a gift from the Creator. Some gifts are just nicer than others:)