Thursday, April 17, 2008

Eye doctors make me sleepy

I went to the eye doctor today in my new to me car with my two stuck in the middle kids for our exams, which are usually in June but insurance kicked in and it has been 5 years or more since I had contacts....and I need them.

So we arrived in the very air conditioned place, it's like 55 degrees out, we don't need ac.

I have been wearing glasses since I was in 5th grade. For some reason eye doctors make me sooo tired.

"Better one, better two" over and over in his Mr. Rogers voice. I started second guessing, like...is he testing me. What if I sayone is better and he does the same one and then I say two...like he wants to see if I am a liar.

I was like concentrating hard on other things too, so he had to do the whole better one, better two thing over and over before I would realize he was waiting for an answer. I was trying to hard to not fart, wondering if I had a boog blowing out of my nose, or trying to ignore that the inside of my ear itched.

Better one, better two, better one better two....donk. My forehead hit the top pf the big touristy looking goggles. I realized I was concentrating so hard and his voice was so soft, I kinda dozed off.

So when he fitted me with the contacts I was scared they wouldn't work...but happy to say I drove home fine.....at fifteen miles an hour.

So yeah, I have contacts now.

No comments: