Monday, December 17, 2007

My Christmas Column~To Be Loved

The power of love is a good thing. No matter how many times in your life you think you may be alone, there is someone , somewhere that loves you.
I once knew a girl who thought she was all alone in this world. I don't have children, I don't have a man, I feel as if I will be alone for the rest of my life. I will never know what love is.
You don't need all that to feel love. I mean I love my children and probably whoever my man was at the time, despite how shiny he was...but all you need is a heart to feel love.
The power of love is the beauty of it.
Any appreciation in your life is love. You can feel the love of fine art, sunsets, puppies, sports, or food. Sadly the love of food interferes with your health, I know this and wished I wasn't such a damn good cook.
shane in fog
The love of who you are and yourself maybe the most important love you ever learn. It took me a long time to love myself for who I am. Who I am being me, as a mother, person, and Lakota.
There is no other person I would rather be in this world right now than the woman I grew up to be and will grow up to be, (except maybe I would weigh less.)
To be able to convey all the love I have in the world in writing and thought is a beautiful thing.
So next time you feel as if you are not loved, remember there is a whole beautiful world with beautiful people out there that you can love,appreciate,and love you back.
Much love to all my brothers and sisters, as we are separated for Christmas this year, love to my mom and dad, grandpas and grandmas, friends and my 4 wonderful children. (I am so full of love right now, it's OK that you broke my favorite lampshade, for now.)
Merry Christmas to everyone, thanks for reading, and thanks for letting me know you read.
636040340_bef1984b72_o All pictures by my sister Jaida.

No comments: