Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Pilamayan

It's so easy to blog....for real.

Sometimes you get stuck with thinking What shall I blog about?" and get bloggers block.

But when you blog, you can blog about anything. For real.

You can blog about simple everyday life and know someone on your friends list will read it and maybe comment.

But a column is different. It's like you have to be supa blogger at least once a week and hope that people will like what you wrote. Sometimes they don't.

Sometimes they email me and piss me off, sayin shit like "Who do you think you are? or "You're not really Lakota. You don't even know what it means to be Lakota.

Tit for Tat, blah blah blah...I don't let it bug me, anymore.

It has been almost a year since I have been a columnist, it don't pay peanuts, just maybe buys me time on some bills sometimes.

But I wouldn't trrade it for anything in the world. I like having a voice for my people, especially when I get email from Lakota's all over the world that say "Keep it Up. Keep telling it like it is." Or when people come up to me and say I like reading you. Just rnadom people i don't know or someone in my family.

I appreciate those who read and appreciate what I have to say, even if it is just about my every day life or my kids or my family dysfunction or my insane thoughts.

Thanks to everyone who does read me once a week...or to those who read me everyday on my blog. It means alot to me.

Pilamayan.

No comments: